Celebrate 32 Years of the ADA
In 2022, we will celebrate the 32nd Anniversary of the Americans with Disabilities Act (the ADA) on July 26. This year's theme is #ADA32 - Celebrate, Learn, Share. Visit the ADA National Network's ADA Anniversary website for more ideas on how to commemorate this year's anniversary.
CELEBRATE at Events in Indiana to Commemorate the 32nd Anniversary
- July 26, 4:00 - 5:30 pm ET ADA Panel Discussion hosted by Fort Wayne/Allen County Disability Council (in-person and online options)
- July 26, 7:00 - 9:00 pm ET ADA Celebration in Grand Junction Plaza in Westfield, Indiana, hosted by the Westfield Mayor's Council on Disability
- July 29, 10 - Noon ET ADA-Indiana's Anniversary Commemoration and Online Training on Communication Access
- July 30, 9 am to Noon ET ADA Celebration in Bloomington, Indiana
LEARN about the ADA in Indiana
- ADA Stories from Indiana - Learn about the experiences of Hoosiers in advocating for and promoting the Americans with Disabilities Act in Indiana.
- ADA in Indiana online exhibit - The “ADA in Indiana” online exhibit on the Indiana Disability History website has video interviews, photographs, and other artifacts that capture the experience of Hoosiers working for the passage and the implementation of the Americans with Disabilities Act.
- ADA Report Card - During September 2020, people with disabilities, family members, and advocates in Indiana had the opportunity to “grade” their communities and to point out areas where there was need for more progress in coming into compliance with the ADA.
- ADA Summit Report - In the report, The Americans with Disabilities Act at 30 for Hoosiers with Disabilities, the Center for Health Equity staff at the Indiana Institute on Disability and Community present the findings from interviews with leaders of disability advocacy organizations, regional town hall meetings, and an online survey during the summer of 2020.
SHARE - Use #ADA32 or #ThanksToTheADA
- #ThanksToTheADA - This year to commemorate the 32nd Anniversary of the ADA, the ADA National Network will use the hashtag, #ThanksToTheADA and #ADA32. Learn why several Hoosiers are thankful for the Americans with Disabilities Act.