ADA Resources on Local and State Governments
Title II for Local and State Governments
Are you an ADA Coordinator for your town, city, or county? View ADA-Indiana's ADA Coordinator Resource Page.
From the DOJ
Not only is the U.S. Department of Justice (DOJ) the enforcement agency for Title II, they also provide numerous and technical assistance documents to promote compliance. Here are just a few:
- ADA Best Practices - Tool Kit for State and Local Governments
- ADA Update: A Primer for State and Local Governments
- Project Civic Access (DOJ settlement agreements with local governments, include several communities in Indiana)
Great Lakes ADA Center and ADA National Network
As an Indiana organization, you can call the Great Lakes ADA Center at (800) 949-4232 for free technical assistance. The Great Lakes ADA Center is one of the ten Regional ADA Centers, collectively called the ADA National Network.
- Online Training: ADA Tutorial - Title II of Americans with Disabilities Act - A free online course on Title II developed by the ADA National Network.
- ADA National Network's Fact Sheets (scroll down to "ADA Title II and III Regulations Fact Sheet Series") on various areas covered by ADA: parking, effective communication and auxiliary aids, service animals, and other topics).
Have a Question about your obligations or rights?
The Great Lakes ADA Center serves the state of Indiana in providing free technical assistance on the Americans with Disabilities Act. Call (800) 9494-4232