Resources for ADA Coordinators
If you are an "ADA Coordinator" or the designated person for your municipality, agency, or other entity that has obligations under Title II of the Americans with Disabilities Act, we would like to hear from you. You can email ADA-Indiana and we will add you to our ADA coordinator list for our monthly e-newsletter that contains training opportunities and information about new ADA resources.
Resources and Training from the ADA National Network
- ADA Basics Course- a self-paced online course that covers the "basics" of the Americans with Disabilities Act.
- Title II Tutorial for ADA Coordinator - a self-paced online course that covers Title II of the Americans with Disabilities Act.
- ADA Title II Action Guide for State and Local Governments - The New England ADA Center hosts an online version of their "ADA Title II Action Guide for State and Local Governments" (originally published in 1992). The Action Guide website provides guidance to local and state government entities with obligations under Title II of the ADA.
Resources from the U.S. Department of Justice
The U.S. Department of Justice (DOJ) provides numerous and technical assistance documents to promote compliance. Here are just a few:
- ADA Best Practices Tool Kit for State and Local Governments
- ADA Update: A Primer for State and Local Governments
The DOJ's Project Civic Access
In a training sponsored by ADA-Indiana, Sally Conway, former Deputy Chief with the U.S. Department of Justice (DOJ), mentioned that the settlement agreements on their Project Civic Access website could be used as instructional resources for municipalities.
Join the Indiana Association for ADA Coordinators
The Indiana ADA and Title VI Coordinator Association was founded by Cathy Gross, the ADA Coordinator for the City of Monticello. Generally, the group has a meeting at the municipal conferences each year. If you have questions about the Association, feel free to contact Cathy Gross at (574) 583-4568 or email@example.com.
If you have questions or problems with the registration, feel free to contact Matt Norris at (812) 855-6508 or firstname.lastname@example.org