ADA Resources for Hotels
From the ADA National Network
- The Mid-Atlantic ADA Center of the ADA National Network coordinates the Hospitality & Disability Initiative. The resource website provides a variety of web-based resources for the hospitality industry including hotels, restaurants and more.
- The ADA National Network also has a topical page on hospitality: https://adata.org/topic/hospitality.
If you need an immediate answer about your obligations, call (800) 949-4232 during routine business hours.
The following are resources to assist hotel staff and other personnel with implementing the Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA).
- Reaching Out to Customers with Disabilities - an online training course from the U. S. Department of Justice
- Disability Etiquette - This publication from the United Spinal Association covers basic etiquette when interacting with people with disabilities as well as offering suggestions for a wide range of disabilities.
- ADA Update: A Primer for Small Business
Physical - Removing Barriers
- ADA Checklist - The ADA National Network provides a "checklist" for businesses to use. The ADA Checklist uses the 4 priority areas in the ADA regulations from the Department of Justice: accessible entrance, access to goods and services, public toilet rooms, and "other items"
- Visit our ADA-Indiana resource page on Service Animals.