Resources on the Voting and the ADA
Voting and the ADA
From the ADA National Network
The Great Lakes ADA Center has had several webinars on accessible voting. Here are a couple of the most recent.
- View the archive: The Right to Vote: Access for People with Disabilities (10/16/2018)
- View the archive: Accessible Polling Facilities and the ADA (3/17/2020)
The Rocky Mountain ADA Center has a brief online course, "Accessible Voting Places" which is available at no cost.
From the U.S. Department of Justice
The U.S. Department of Justice has released several technical assistance documents around voting as part of their outreach and enforcement around Title II of the ADA.These documents would be very helpful for county election officials.
- The Americans with Disabilities Act and Other Federal Laws: Protecting the Rights of Voters with Disabilities (available as PDF for printing)
- DOJ Publication: Solutions for Five Common ADA Access Problems at Polling Places (available as PDF for Printing)
- ADA Checklist for Polling Places [Updated in 2016]
Indiana Secretary of State
The Indiana Secretary of State maintains the IndianaVoters.com website where you can view your ballot, find your polling place, and other tasks. (You could also contact your County Clerk.)
Indiana Governor's Council for People with Disabilities
The Indiana Governor's Council for People with Disabilities booklet, Your Vote is Your Voice: A Guide to Voting for Hoosiers with Disabilities is available in PDF and other formats on their website. (Or call their office, (317) 232-7770, for the booklet in print.)
Indiana Disability Rights
Do you have a question about your voting rights? Or did you have a problem with accessibility when you went to vote? Contact Indiana Disability Rights to find out more about your rights and the complaint process.
You might also be interested in looking at their Hoosiers Vote webpage.
Indiana Disability Rights has released several brief videos on voting on their YouTube Channel: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC2nAqidRiPfQa53Yaf9qeCg